NOTAM-MFC Tour Info
Posted by Norm Richards on 2018/03/19
Tour Lineup 2019
Nov. 01, 2019 > MFC0035 Island Hopping BC Style (Victoria-Port Hardy)
Dec. 01, 2019 > MFC0036C Misty's Neighborhood - Christmas Cheer 2019
Tour Releases 2020 (Tentative)
Jan. 05, 2020 > MFC0036 Approaching Olympic National Park (Port Hardy-Fairchild)
And following we will be takin some adventure trips to unknown lands!! >>
>> Feb. 01, 2019 > MFC0037 PNW-Olympic Peninsula (Fairchild-Bowerman)
>> March 01, 2020 > MFC0038 PNW-Bowerman Hub Excursion (Bowerman-Bowerman)
April 01, 2020 > MFC0039 Bowerman Getaway
May 01, 2020 > MFC0040 Going Far Away Continued
NOTAM KACARS/ Tour Bids:
NOTAM KACARS:Latest verrsion as of April 5, 2018 - Make sure you download and install the latest Cigar Box. V 188.8.131.52 (Available in the downloads section).
Loading/Bid a Tour Flight
Pilots are reminded of the proper procedure for loading a Tour Flight: / Flying / Completing tours/tour legs:
1. From the list of tours that appear on the Active tour page: (via the Tour Center tab), choose the tour you want to fly. (Best go in order as each tour (so far), is a continuation of the previous tour).
2. On that tour, The 1st leg will open for you. Select your flight - "bid" on it.
3 Press "fly leg"
4. Log into Cigar Box and go to Main > settings then remove the check mark on Search by flight number. (This enables direct bid loading into Cigar Box).
5. In Cigar Box - Press the "Get Flight Data" button and the correct flight as per your bid should directly load and populate all the fields for the flight leg details in Cigar Box.
When your sim is ready start flight in Cigar Box. When done, file the pirep for that tour leg..
6. When you are ready to fly the next leg, go to the tour you are flying and the next leg will be open for you to fly (bid). and so forth until all the legs of that tour have been flown/completed.
7. After all the legs of a tour have been flown, the completing pilot will receive the corresponding tour award.
The only restriction at MFC for tour flights (As well as any other flight) is achieving -600fpm or under landing rates and using our prop aircraft (no Jets). (Verified by Cigar Box)
A fitting aircraft is usually recommended for each tour (or close equivalent) that would fit the landing in the tour but also put a great variety of planes in a list for pilots to fly as options to fly - and you can even fly each leg of a tour with a different aircraft if you want - (Use Cigar Box to choose your airplane selection). .
Welcome to Misty Flying Club
Posted by phpVMS Installer on 2018/03/13
Welcome to the Misty Flying Club. This is a brand new "Flying Club" as opposed to a virtual airline in which to explore the great scenery additions by Return to Misty Moorings in the Alaska, BC and vicinity areas.
If you have never seen or used RTMM add-on scenery and enhancements (freeware), head over to RTMM. http://return.mistymoorings.com/. Great add-ons scenery by talented scenery designers and once you start using RTMM scenery add-ons, your sim bush flying experience in Alaska, BC and vicinity will never quite be the same as the RTMM add-ons make your sim come alive with various pieces and much activity.
Here at the Misty Flying Club (“MFC”), we offer all the flight excursions in RTMM Scenery, as well as multi-leg tours. Later we expect to have Group Flight Events. The RTMM Hub is located at Ketchikan Alaska at an "RTMM" custom airport which is Misty’s Place (ICAO PF20 Land, PF21 Water Mooring).
Our members fly FSX, P3D and some even X-Plane using our own custom KACARSII* client software and your flight is tracked as soon as you log in until you shut down. (*KACARS II v184.108.40.206 developed by FS Products (Free Version of FSUIPC-FSX/P3D or XPUIPC-X-Plane is required).
Alternately you can file your flight report manually which is handy if you fly X-Plane on Mac or Linux. You can view your flight statistics and those of others. Earn badges for completed tour excursions or country flights or for hours flown. For multiplayer flights we will be using FSCloud (and/or Join FS) and for communications (text and voice) we use Discord-MFC Server: (https://discord.gg/SEe7F3f).
If you enjoy bush flying in the rugged scenery of Alaska and BC and want to fly using RTMM scenery add-ons, then you will surely enjoy exploring the sites and flying here at MFC.
For detailed information on MFC/RTMM or if you have any questions please post on the forums at RTMM: Link: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?board=19.0